Feel free to visit my other blog, Curly Cosmetics! It's about makeup, skincare, and more. Also, if you're on a computer, click below to feed the fish. :)

Search Posts

Monday, June 15, 2015

Why I am becoming a curly girl

Hi there! Welcome to Carefree Curls.
I've been wanting to try something new with my hair, and I figured that over the summer would be a good time to mess around with it. Recently, I've heard quite a few people mention the curly girl method. I became curious and did some reading.. I quickly realized that this method isn't just a trend: it's a completely new outlook on hair. At least, it is for me.

You see, I've grown up my whole life not really knowing what to do with my hair. It was always frizzy and fluffy, and I treated it like straight hair, blow-drying it and brushing it daily. I certainly wouldn't say my hair looked horrible, but I was never very satisfied with it. I always had little "baby hairs" at the top of my forehead that would be curly and frizzy. You be the judge. Below is a picture of me when I was treating my hair like it was straight.


That was usually what my hair looked like. The main word I can think of to describe it is fluffy. Anyway, this is what my hair looked like if I let it air-dry on its own (without using any product). I did brush my hair, just FYI.

June 11th, 2015
(Before CG method)
June 11th, 2015
(Before CG method)





















As you can see, there's probably a bit of a curly potential there. It was definitely wavy. No defined curls, though, other than a few that were hiding under the rest of my hair. I always knew my hair had some spunk in it; I just never knew how to let my hair be naturally awesome. I recently discovered the curly girl method (CG method for short) & quickly became enthusiastic about it. I did some reading & hopped right in. I bought the CG handbook & read through it, and just yesterday, I grabbed a small trial kit of the devacurl products to give it a try. I also got a haircut since I needed a trim. Last night, I used my regular shampoo one last time and tried out my new devacurl products. I think I've fallen in love!! The cleanser and conditioner felt so wonderful and smooth on my hair, and they have a rather nice scent. After just one use, I can already tell that my hair feels healthier and happier, and it's naturally curling quite a bit easier. Here's a picture of my hair last night (it wasn't fully dry yet).

June 14th, 2015
(CG method day 1)
June 14th, 2015
(CG method day 1)



As you can see, it's definitely curlier! And that's only after one use! According to some reading, hair will get curlier, more defined, and less frizzy the longer you do the CG method, so I'm excited to see how this goes.




If there are any others out there like me who have some spunk in their hair but have always hidden it, I suggest considering the CG method. :) I am definitely excited to see where the CG method takes my hair!!

-CK
_______________________________

Update as of 10/28/2015...



Just wanted to add these pictures here to show just how much the CG method has affected my hair since I started. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment