Feel free to visit my other blog, Curly Cosmetics! It's about makeup, skincare, and more. Also, if you're on a computer, click below to feed the fish. :)

Search Posts

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Meet Waterlily716!

Hi! Welcome to Carefree Curls.
In this post, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorite curly-haired youtubers: Waterlily716!



Her name is Sarah, and she currently resides in Dubai (though she's from Kentucky)! She has gorgeous 3a/3b curls and helps a lot of curlies out by spreading great information about curly hair on both her blog and her YouTube channel.
Now, let's get to know her better! :)


1. How did you first get involved with vlogging/blogging, and how did you decide on your username (Waterlily716)?

"I starting making YouTube videos about 6 years ago because I had just started using the Curly Girl method for myself, AKA the 'no shampoo' method. And I was watching lots of youtubers, but no one on YouTube really had hair like mine. My username is a reference to my favorite painter, Monet, who is famous for painting water lilies."

2. Who is your favorite youtuber or blogger (aside from yourself, of course!)?

"I have so many! Most of them are listed in the 'other channels' section of my YouTube page.  Of the top of my head I would say CurlyPennyShalimarcat, and MahoganyCurls."

3. What's your absolute favorite hair product, and why? How do you use it?

"My favorite hair product is probably Curly hair Solutions Curl Keeper. I use it over my leave in and under my gel. It's an amazing frizz reducer."


4. What/who is a big inspiration to you?

"I think my biggest curly inspiration would be the one and only Lorraine Massey. I still think her book, the Curly Girl Handbook, is the best thing since sliced bread. She has beautiful hair, is an amazing curly stylist, and a successful business woman."

5. Describe your hair using only 3 words. :) 

"Ringletty, curly, springy"


6. What would you say is the one thing you love most about your hair?

"I'm happy to have natural hair that is very healthy, in that I rarely get split ends, and grows very fast. :D"

7. How do you usually deal with a bad hair day?

"Two options. 1) Deal with it and just keep wearing my hair confidently, even if I'm not loving it. I find I usually think my hair looks worse than it really does. 2) Put my hair up and use a headband to tame the frizz."

8. What are some words of encouragement that you would give to somebody who's having trouble embracing their natural hair?

"Try to embrace YOUR hair and YOUR curl pattern. Work towards healthier hair and loving your natural hair the way it is. Many times I see comments on social media by girls along the lines of 'I love your hair, it's so beautiful. My hair will never be like that D:'. That's the wrong mentality to have. Everyone's hair has the potential to be gorgeous, you just need to have confidence in yourself and give your hair some TLC."

9. Finally, if you could give a single piece of advice to all of the curly/wavy girls out there, what would it be?

"Straighten your hair, be happy for a day; learn to wear your hair curly and be happy for life!"

Thank you again to Sarah for taking the time to answer these questions so we can all get to know more about her! I appreciate it, and I enjoyed this interview. :) You can find Sarah on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and some other sites @waterlily716. She also has a blog: curlsandblossoms.blogspot.com.

Make sure you check out her youtube channel, and don't forget to follow me on Twitter @CalicoKitties as well! Also, remember that I'm holding a giveaway this October, so make sure you come back to check it out and possibly win some free products. :) Have a great day, y'all!

-CK

Let me know in the comments if you'd like me to do another interview with someone! :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice! I've actually been thinking of doing something like this, I just have to decide which YouTuber to interview! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, there are a few more youtubers that I'd definitely like to interview sometime in the future :)

      Delete