Feel free to visit my other blog, Curly Cosmetics! It's about makeup, skincare, and more. Also, if you're on a computer, click below to feed the fish. :)

Search Posts

Saturday, September 19, 2015

Product Reviews: Elucence Products

Hello! Welcome to Carefree Curls.
In this post, I will be reviewing three of Elucence's products:


  1. Volume Clarifying Shampoo
  2. Moisture Balancing Conditioner
  3. Volume Designing Foam

Elucence Volume Clarifying Shampoo


Price: $6 for 10 oz.

Ingredients: Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract, Honey Extract, Anthemis, Noblilis (Chamomile) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Dioscorea Villosa (Wild Yam) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ in Purified Water, Sodium Myreth Sulfatel ) (Coconut Oil Derived), Sodium 14-16 Olefin Sulfonate (Mineral Derived), Cocomidopropyl Betaine (Coconut Oil Derived), Cocoamide MEA (Coconut Oil Derived), Salicylic Acid, Biotin, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, EDTA, Polyquarternium-10, Methylparaben (USP), Propylparaben (USP), Benzophenone-4 (UV Absorber), Fragrance/Parfum, FD&C Blue 1 CI 42090, DC&C Yellow 5 CI 19140.

My experience

My experience with this product has been pretty good. I live in an area with pretty hard water, so I get buildup sometimes and need a deeper clean than just a sulfate-free cleanser. This is why I grabbed this clarifying shampoo. I don't need to use it very often: just every now-and-then when my hair is feeling a bit icky. :)
This shampoo does the job! It has EDTA, which is something to look for in a clarifying shampoo because it helps get rid of the mineral deposits from hard water. Note that this isn't a CGM-friendly product because of the sulfates. Like I said, though, sometimes I just need a deeper clean. Also, when I did use it, my hair actually didn't feel dried out or anything.

Pros:

-It cleans my hair
-Surprisingly, it didn't strip my hair too much
-It's great for hard-water areas
-Affordable

Cons:

-I don't like the scent
-Could be drying for some because of sulfates/EDTA


I would recommend this product for anybody like me who lives in a hard-water area and needs a good clarifying shampoo every now-and-then.

Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner


Price: $8 for 10 oz.

Ingredients: Panax Ginseng root extract, cetraria islandia (Irish Moss) extract, saccharomyces cerevisiea (Brewer's Yeast) extract, Gingko Biloba extract, pimpinella anisum (Anise) fruit extract, prunis persica (Peach) extract in purified water, hexadecanol, stearakonium chloride, certimonium bromide, Squalane (olive oil lipid), Capric Caprillic Triglycerides (coconut fatty acids), Panthenol (pro-vitamin USP), Biotin (USP), imisazolidinyl urea, methylparaben (USP), fragrance

My experience

I'm not a huge fan of this conditioner, but I suppose it does the job. I don't like the feel of it in my hair, and it has a really odd sorta citrus-y smell.


Pros:

-Moisturizes hair decently enough
-Doesn't weigh my hair down

Cons:

-I don't like the scent
-Has kind of weird texture
-Doesn't help much with detangling




Over all, it's use-able, but I won't be purchasing it again.


Elucence Volume Designing Foam



Price: $8 for 7.5 oz.

Ingredients: Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, urtica dioica (nettle) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf oil, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, aesculus hippocastanum (horse chestnut) extract, salvia officinalis (sage) leaf extract, tussilago farfara (coltsfoot) flower extract, equisettum arvense extract in purified water, vinylpyrrilidone/dimethylaminoethyl methylparaben, octooxynol-13 citric acid (usp) fragrance/parfum.

My experience


This product has been alright. The thing is, I had to use a lot of it each time I used it. Otherwise, it does nothing for frizz, definition, or forming the curls. It felt like I didn't even have product in my hair. However, when I tried using more, it worked out a bit better.

Pros:

-It works (IF you use a lot of it)

Cons:

-You have to use a lot
-Doesn't do much for frizz
-Doesn't do much for definition
-I don't like the scent



Would I recommend this product? Probably not. I'm just not a fan.



So, that sums up the products that I've tried from the elucence brand! As you may have noticed, I didn't like the scent of any of their products. I don't know why, but they all smelled..off..to me. I likely won't be repurchasing any of these (I did like the clarifying shampoo, but it has blue 1 in it. I didn't realize this when I bought it. I'm allergic to blue 1. lol).

-CK

P.S. Remember that I'm hosting an awesome product giveaway in October! Come back soon to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment