Feel free to visit my other blog, Curly Cosmetics! It's about makeup, skincare, and more. Also, if you're on a computer, click below to feed the fish. :)

Search Posts

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Curly girl week 4

Hi there! Welcome to Carefree Curls.
I just finished my 4th week of the curly girl method, so I want to post a full update of how my CG journey is going.

My hair has still been frizzy, but I'm thinking that's just because of the way the lady cut my hair when I got it cut. She did this thing where she slides the scissors down a clump of hair under the top layer (*cringe* I don't remember what she called it, but I regret letting her do that) to help my hair not be too heavy or something. I don't know, but I shouldn't have let her do that because now my hair is very frizzy & I've figured out that most of the frizz (if not all) is coming from the now-short under hairs from when she slid the scissors down the hair.

Anyway, aside from that.. I've been struggling to get my hair to be very curly lately. I've been using devacurl products, but I'm not sure that I like them all that much. Once I run out of them, I'm going to move on to other products. I do like the conditioner & "no-poo" (oh my gosh they smell so yummy), but they're pretty expensive to use regularly, and I tend to use a lot of conditioner.

The ultra defining gel has been okay. It doesn't define my hair very well (how ironic). I'be also been using the styling cream (it came in the set I got), but it makes my hair feel really gross, so I only use it on a few select clumps that need extra definition.

That pretty much sums it up. I haven't noticed too much of a difference as far as how curly my hair is, at least not yet.. I have been having better luck with my diffuser, though. It still makes my curls a different shape than they are when it dries naturally, but it's faster than air-drying and doesn't look too bad.

I'm eager to try new products once I run out of devacurl. Also, I'm ordering some Argan oil because I used to use Argan oil on my hair when I kept it straight and it always loved it! Thing is, the Argan oil I was using was chock full of silicones (I wasn't aware of the whole silicone/sulfate thing at the time), so this time, I'm getting 100% pure Argan oil. I'm curious to see the difference. I'm also tempted to get jojoba oil because everybody seems to love it as well.

Hope you all have a nice week! :)

-CK

No comments:

Post a Comment